Well...this weekend was full of a few surprising events...some exciting and some rather unexpected to say the least.To start off my pre-weekend line up, I spent some time with Nana and Miss Hailey. Mommy, Daddy, and I went over to visit Nana and Miss Hailey at Hailey's house. Nana was hanging with Hailey for the day. Auntie came and ate pizza with us for her lunch break.
Later that evening, Mommy and I made arrangements to go visit Grammy Judy and Papa Keith. We had called Grammy...she knew we were on our way...but we going to surprise Papa! We stopped at the school where Papa works...there was a basketball game going on so we decided to attend that too!
While we were in the parking lot of the school...Mommy had to call 911. Mommy was going to come and take me out of the car...via the other side of the car and a different door...she decided to let me hold the keys while she walked around the car...to keep me happy of course...oops...I pushed the button to lock the car doors while Mommy was outside. I was not strapped into my carseat at that time either...I guess that was a BIG "no no"! I had locked myself in the car all by myself...Thank goodness Mommy had her cell phone with her so she could call someone to get me out....I thought it was pretty funny...I was smiling the whole time, pushing buttons, and waving the keys at Mommy and all the gentlemen waving at me from outside the car thought I was pretty silly too. The policeman came to rescue us...he had a special instrument to open the car door without the keys. Safe and sound...I think I got a little rise out of Mommy...time for some more fun inside!
Boy was Papa surprised to see us and to hear about my little mishap! Grammy was taking numbers or stats for the game while Papa worked at the game. He is the activities director. So I was able to attend my first basketball...it was too bad Daddy was working and could not join me at my first real game. I LOVED the game. I really had a great time watching the ball go into the basket and the players run up and down the court. I was able to sit next to Grammy and sit right behind the home team. Go Knights! The Knights won both of their games to the Raiders. I ate my fruit and cereal behind the score table and played with the microphone Grammy used to announce with. Here I am in my carseat sittin in the bleachers at the game.Not only did I enjoy the game but the music (band) was great too! I really would watch the cheerleading moves...I think that will be fun to try someday! There were ALOT of people at the game. Papa took me around the gym and we were able to visit with some Knight fans. After, we went to spend the night at Grammy and Papa's.
The next day, we went to visit my new Cousin Abby and the Gav-man. Uncle Matt and Auntie Kim were at Gavin's other Grandma and Grandpa's house by the lake. Gavin and I played... Actually rolled around and Gavin watched me. We exchanged Christmas gifts...I got talkin maracas...Cool!Mommy held Cousin Abby and I HAD to sneak a peek of the cutie pie. She is already growing! We are exactly 9 months apart which will not be much difference when we are a little older. How exciting! Gavin and Uncle Matt went out fishin with Gavin's Papa Buzz and rode the four wheeler out to the fish house on the ice...How do you go fishin when the ice covers the fishies? Do the fishes get cold in the winter?...HUMMMM! I am sure Papa can fill me in later.


I guess I have ALOT to learn and experience...I think Mommy also learned alot...specifically..never to underestimate the power of a nine month old...and a set of car keys.

Gavin and his "toothbrushing" smile!
2 comments:
Oh Miss Lucie! I am so glad that you were having a good time locked in the car! Your mommy would have been nuts if you were upset. Sorry we didnt' get to see more of you when we were home. Love ya
Auntie Jenni
Miss Lucie,
Well...you are sure a little turkey that is FOR sure! I have to say you looked pretty darn cute in the car when you were locked in it...I think you knew what was going on...holding the key chain and laughing at all of us outside the car. I mean what are the chances? I am so thankful that you were safe and sound. I hope this is your only run-in with a police. Stay out of trouble! =) I love you Miss Lucie!
Love,
Your Mommy Dearest
Post a Comment