Monday, December 25, 2006

A VERY Merry Christmas!!!

Well, the very special, long awaited day is finally here. Mommy and Daddy have been working hard all weekend and holiday...but I was lucky to have Nana and Papa here to visit me. On Christmas Eve, we all went to church two times, ate our meal, and I went to bed early...so Santa would come of course! Nana made a TON of cookies for him...how could he pass our house up! We arose early to find boxes full of stocking stuffers from Santa and lots of presents under the tree.



You will have to check out Hailey's blog...she did not get everything she wanted from Santa and had to ask her parents where her camera was...what a silly gal! She did get her Dora C-A-R though. We wore our special dresses that Great-Grandma Stanhope had made for us for the day.





Now for a little snapshot of our day!












Hailey got a Dora cash register, a baby doll that cries (she is LOUD) and drinks a bottle, lots of clothes, and books. I got a toy box for my toys, lots of bigger girl clothes, 3 Disney movies, an animal train, a Leapfrog activity table (like Hunter's), a push cart with mail, a telephone, a caterpillar with more balls for my dinosaur, a portable DVD player for the car, etc. I made out like a bandit! Daddy got a snow blower from Nana and Papa...what kind of sick joke is that?...=) There is NO snow here. How weird! I am sure there will be snow sometime again!

Later, Great-Grandma and Grandpa Stanhope came over to visit us and we all had a HUGE meal prepared by Nana. It was delicious...I even got to have a taste of a few items. Nana also bought me a special jar of turkey and sweet potatoes. Daddy ended up going into work later and Mommy was lucky enough to get to stay home...she was suppose to work. We played games at the table and Hailey and I tried out our new toys. I LOVE my activity table and my push cart! I pushed my cart all down the hall by myself (Mommy was standing next to me) and stood by it...I would forget that I was not holding on! I did not fall though! I think Hailey liked my toys too! We got out of our fancy dresses and put on comfy clothes...a t-shirt and panties for Hailey and a onesie for me. It is time to get down to business and play!





Hailey got make-up from Nana and Papa...Nana got made up...blue lipstick and all!

Abby loves her belly scratched!








A hat made with love from Great-Grandma.










As a part of my gift from Uncle John, Cousin Hailey, and Auntie Ashley, I got some wooden blocks...they are a lot of fun to bang together.




















Hailey showing me how to use the blocks to build.


















Playin with my activity table.


















The girls with great-grandma and grandpa









Me and Auntie posin



I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I am once again thankful for my toys, family, and most of all for the special day of celebration which is baby Jesus' birthday. Afterall, Jesus is the Reason for the Season! Well, I ended up gettin more than my two front teeth for Christmas...a WHOLE lot more!


Well, thanks for hangin in there...this entry was HUGE! I had a fabulous time and even got to see everyone again the day after...what a treat~ Next weekend I am attending my very first Swanson Christmas with Great-Grandma Swanson! Yippy!

I hope you all had a blessed, merry Christmas...and a very happy new year! Thank you for all the wonderful Christmas cards and pictures...VERY nice!

Me and Great-Grandma LaVerne post-Christmas...and ready to nap!

Much Love,
Lucie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had such a good time with you and Hailey for Christmas.. You were such a good girl when Nana had to take care of you when your mom and dad had to be at work.. We will have to see you Friday when we bring Hailey home .. next year you will beable to stay for a few days with Papa and Nana too.. Love you
Papa and Nana

Anonymous said...

Lucie ~ I had a good time with you for your first Christmas. I can't wait till you can rip open our presents together and then like Nana said we can go stay at her house together. Slumber parties yeah. See you when I get home. Lots of Lovies ~ Hailey